Recipe: Coconut Custard Pie on A Fabulous Fete
Lauren, of A Fabulous Fete, was going on vacation and asked if I would do a guest post for her. I happily obliged and put together this Coconut Custard Pie that forms it’s own crust. Hallelujah! I have an ongoing rival with pie crust. So when I heard there was a pie out there that would form it’s own crust, I got to recipe testing and tweaking to come up with the one I shared over on A Fabulous Fete.
A rich and creamy coconut custard pie that forms it's own crust.
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of self-rising flour
- 1 cup of sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla or coconut extract
- If you don't have self-rising flour on hand, make it yourself! For each cup of all-purpose flour, add 1 1/4 tsp of baking powder & 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Whisk together until throughly combined.
- Pour melted butter, sugar and eggs into a blender. Blend a few seconds.
- Add flour, milks, extract and shredding coconut. Blend til combined.
- To make two pies, pour into a greased 9" pie plate and fill about half way. Repeat.
- To make one pie (as shown), pour into a 9" deep dish pie plate and fill until about 1/2" from the top.
- You will have some leftover batter. I used it to make some mini pies using a cupcake pan.
- Put in the oven at 350F and bake for 20 mins. Ovens vary so just keep an eye on it. You'll smell it when it's ready. It will puff up so don't be alarmed. It sinks down once you take it out of the oven.
Meringue Bake Shop www.meringuebakeshop.com
Meringue Bake Shop. All Rights Reserved.